Wednesday, December 14, 2011

"Crack" Saltine Toffee

Since dinner was leftovers of last nights fare and we were officially out of what our family so lovingly refers to as crack toffee, I decided to make some more tonight. I found this recipe originally off of Pinterest (totally addicted to btw). I have made some great food from recipes I have found and this dessert/snack is no different and pretty addictive. Click here to see original site where I found it on Make Life Delicious blog. I have also posted step-by-step and instructions below.   

Here is everything you will need:
                             
 Line baking sheet with tin foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Lay out saltines in a single layer about 40-45.
 In sauce pot, melt and bring to a boil 1 cup of butter and 1 cup of dark brown sugar. Boil for about 3 minutes.
 Once done, quickly poor over and spread over saltines so they are all covered with butter/sugar mixture.
Bake in 400 degree oven for 5 minutes until bubbling.
 Once out of the oven, sprinkle with chocolate chips and let sit for 5 minutes.
 Spread chocolate evenly over toffee and crackers. Let sit until cooled. (Note: I like to pop in the fridge for 15 minutes once cooled to set chocolate and make breaking up easier)
 Here is the finished product. I like to just roughly break up and store in an air tight container (if you haven't eaten all in one sitting.)
 This is the way I do dessert! YUM!
 

Ingredients:

  • 40-45 saltine crackers
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1- 12 ounce bag of semi sweet chocolate morsels

Instructions:

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. 
Line cookie sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Line cookie sheet with saltines in a single layer.

In a saucepan combine the sugar and butter and bring to a boil for 3 minutes. Immediately pour over saltines and spread to cover crackers completely.

Bake at 400 degrees for 5 to 6 minutes or until toffee bubbling. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips and let sit for 5 minutes. Spread chocolate to cover toffee completely. Let cool and break into pieces. (Note: I like to pop in the fridge for 15-20 minutes after its cooled to completely set the chocolate.)

Big thanks to Sunshine at MLD for posting this awesome recipe and adding 5 lbs to my hips. :) Bon Appetite! <3K

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog...so glad you did, as now I've found yours! My sister makes this every Christmas, definitely my favorite type of "crack"!

    ReplyDelete