Thursday, December 15, 2011

Nightmare on Potty Street

Today has been one of those days you want to start over with a new plan or forget ever happened. I decided today would be the perfect day to start potty training my middle son. He is 2 1/2 and has been showing interest not necessarily in going to the bathroom on the potty but making it known that he doesn't like when his diaper is wet or dirty so I figured what the heck...let's do this! It also helps that he is obsessed with his older bro so I figured I could use him as an example. Tell him "Don't you want to be like Vaughn?" or "Vaughn is a big boy, don't you want to be a big boy?". Vaughn was a breeze to potty train yet under no circumstances did I think my little Nixon was going to be easy. Lets face it, I call him my monster for a reason. He cried every time I tried to put him on the potty, he peed 5 times in his underwear and did the doody as well (this one he shut himself in the closet so he could be in private). Not even ONE drop made it in the vicinity of the bathroom today. Kinda made me wanna get the diapers out and call it a day but tomorrow is a new day, right? Or maybe I wait for a few more months and see if he is in a better frame of mind. Maybe its me that needs a better frame of mind? I am running on a lot less sleep since we have a 10 week old in the house. I guess I need to remember that patience is a virtue and never give up in the land of potty training.

Here is a pic of the "big boy" sans diapers.

Since today was so hectic I opted for quick and easy hamburgers and french fries. No pics tonight just the recipe. I love meals that can be ready in 20 minutes or less. Its usually never this easy but is always nice when it can be done.

Cheeseburgers (Serves 4):

1 1b ground beef or ground chuck
Montreal Steak Seasoning (use as much seasoning as you like...it has salt and pepper so no need for extra)
Garlic Powder
2 tbsp Cheddar Cheese per patty
4 hamburger buns (lightly toasted)
Lettuce
Tomato
Ketchup and Mustard

In a bowl combine meat, steak seasoning and garlic powder. Evenly portion out 4 patties and create a divot in the center.

Pre-heat large skillet and spray with non-stick cooking spray (I used olive oil flavor but butter will do). Grill on each side for about 5 minutes. When on the second side, top with cheese. I like to tent with aluminum or cover with lid for the last minute so cheese melts.

I topped with lettuce, tomato, ketchup and mustard but options are endless. I served these with pickles on the side and some seasoned fries I got from the freezer section of my grocery store that cooked up in about 15 minutes.

Even though these weren't the gourmet type burgers I usually like to make, they were pretty good. Quick and easy and delicious. Next time I do burgers I will make some blue cheese burgers or BBQ bacon stuffed with my beer battered onion rings...tune in next time. Bon Appetite. <3K

No comments:

Post a Comment